Emily Hurst, AHIP introduces herself and the webinar topic in the 1-minute video above. If you cannot view the above video in your browser, it is also available for download (15 MB).
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should be able to successfully:
- identify key technology trends
- understand the impact of new technologies on education
- assess the appropriateness of an emerging technology for use in their library
- identify resources for staying informed about emerging technology trends
Emily Hurst, AHIP serves as the head of research and education at the Virginia Commonwealth University’s Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences in Richmond, where she oversees a staff of six liaison librarians and provides support for programming and education. She has been a medical librarian for over eight years and has worked in academic health sciences and hospital library settings. She has a strong interest in adult learning, teaching, and training. She has over four years’ experience as a trainer with the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, South Central Region, where she served as the technology coordinator. In this role, she introduced librarians to new technologies for library services and education. Hurst continues to explore the use of technology in teaching practice and guides librarians as they make informed decisions about technology implementation.
- Length: 1.5 hour recorded webinar
- Technical information: You will receive a link to the recording and the participant's manual after registration.
- Individual Member: $59 (Nonmember: $99)
- Site: $225 (Nonmember Site: $325)
- Register, participate, and earn 1.5 MLA continuing education (CE) contact hours.
- Register now: Site or Individual