Browsing and reading medical journals are the best way for clinicians, nurses, and researchers to stay current with fast moving biomedical information. As print journals have shifted to the web, the journal collection has become largely invisible, accessible mainly through article-level searching. Databases and discovery tools, however, are nothing like the old periodical reading rooms!
BrowZine is a leading technology that recovers the browsing and reading experience. Join Third Iron Cofounder and President John Seguin to learn why medical libraries around the world use BrowZine to meet the needs of their users, extend library services, and promote better journal engagement.
Topics covered in the webinar:
- Product overview: demonstration of the BrowZine web service and mobile applications.
- Taxonomy: review of the taxonomy used to categorize your journals for better discovery.
- Personalization: review of how My Bookshelf and My Articles can be used to follow your favorite journals, alert you when new articles are published, and save your favorite articles—and how everything is automatically synchronized across devices.
- Integrations: examples of how you may link to BrowZine from LibGuides, using BrowZine as your journal search service, and use application program interfaces (APIs) for integrating BrowZine into catalogs and discovery services.
- Maintenance: review of how BrowZine can automatically synchronize with your e-journal holdings to reflect your current subscriptions.
John Seguin is the cofounder, president, and chief operating officer of Third Iron. Seguin has worked with libraries for over fifteen years, first as an academic librarian, then for ProQuest. Seguin leads the BrowZine product development team.
- Length: 1 hour webinar
- Date/Time: Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CDT
- Technical information: You will receive login information after registration. A link to the recording with be available after the live presentation
- Cost: No charge
- Register now