MLA chapters allow you to get involved in the profession close to home, with
- regional meetings (chapter meetings calendar)
- networking opportunities
- continuing education courses
- grants and scholarships
- other programs and services on a local level.
Membership in MLA's 13 chapters is open to all MLA members and to other interested health sciences librarians and information specialists. If you are not already a member, consider joining your local MLA chapter today! See links to chapter websites, geographic areas for each chapter, and information about chapter governance below.
MLA's Chapter Council includes representatives from each chapter. The council serves in an advisory capacity to MLA's Board of Directors, promotes interchange among chapters, and enables chapters to better define their role and function within the Association. Links below open new windows or tabs.
- Hawaii-Pacific Chapter
- Medical Library Group of Southern California and Arizona (MLGSCA)
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC)
- Midcontinental Chapter (MCMLA)
- Midwest Chapter
- New York-New Jersey Chapter (NY-NJ)
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries, Inc. (NAHSL)
- Northern California and Nevada Medical Library Group (NCNMLG)
- Pacific Northwest Chapter of MLA (PNC)
- Philadelphia Regional Chapter
- South Central Chapter (SCC)
- Southern Chapter
- Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter (UNYOC)
More infomation about MLA chapters: