MLA InSight Initiative
an open circle partnership to advance thinking on health information
Approved by the MLA Board of Directors in May 2017
The MLA InSight Initiative provides a forum for MLA leaders and select partner organizations to engage in high-level, high-value dialogue on issues of common interest that impact the health information profession.
Two in-person summits per year for 30 to 50 participants (equal representation of librarian leaders and corporate partner executives/staff) held in Chicago, featuring speakers and panelists with expertise on the thematic topics for each summit.
- The quality and veracity of health information
- Partnering to promote responsible research reporting
- Health information literacy
- Partnering to combat piracy and predatory publishing
- Perpetual archiving
- White papers, professional guidelines, written standards to help advance responsible health information publishing
- Articles in the academic literature about discoveries from the summits; press releases; social media campaign
- Action plans to invest in / co-create informational content
- Development of educational programs for MLA members
- Support from and interaction with key outside groups, e.g., NLM, AHSL, international library groups, etc.
Note: outcomes will be made public and reflect the diversity of perspectives rather than seek consensus, without identifying a specific individual or organization unless mutually agreed to.
- 2-year commitment
- $10,000 / year for corporations;
- $5,000 / year for nonprofits and small businesses
- Fees cover cost of summits and outcomes; net proceeds help to cover cost of MLA’s journal and advocacy programs.
- Pre-summit and post-summit participation in program development and production of published work / courses that result from each summit
- Listed as MLA InSight Initative partner organization
- Access to all initiative-related resources
- Full participation for one representative from active partners per summit; $1,200 fee for additional participants
- Proceedings available to public at no cost
More Information? Contact Dan Doody, responsible for partner organization recruitment for the MLA InSight Initiative. email@example.com; 312-239-6226
Task Force Members